Thursday, May 1, 2014

Shades of Blue and Nude Pumps

target checked blazer, express star blouse rwco jeans, forever 21 nude pumps nine west clutch target plaid blazer forever 21 minimalist pumps forever 21 pointy toe nude pumps
Blazer: Target | Blouse: Express
| Jeans: RW&Co | Shoes: Forever 21 (here)
| Purse: Nine West | Earrings: Joe Fresh (similar)

Even though I don't think I can call this outfit "monochromatic" (such words are too intimidating, I feel like I need to do some googling before I know I am using it right), I do like how there is some shade of blue everywhere to give a lengthening effect, and what's better than a pair of nude pumps when it comes to appearing taller?

So about this plaid blazer, I saw it at Target shortly before Christmas last year, and to prove how much I loved it: 1. I was 9 months pregnant and it didn't fit anything like it does now; 2. I bought two (one as a present); 3. I also bought the matching pencil skirt bottom (yet to be worn); 4. Normally I would have to have a few outfit ideas in my head before buying a piece, for this I didn't. 

I had been shopping around quite a bit for a pair of nude pumps, my criteria included a reasonable heel height, a not-too-pointy pointy toe, simple but not too simple, and definitely budget friendly. This pair fit the bill perfectly. If I had unlimited budget (they can get pricey!) and closet space, I'd probably collect them ALL:


You may also be interested in:
express star blouse
Orange Peacoat and Star Blouse
old navy plaid coat
Plaid Coat and Layered Faux Fur Collars
blue on blue outfit
Blue on Blue: Statement Necklace and Peplum
white and blue outfit
Simple White and Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment