Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Blue on Blue: Statement Necklace and Peplum

zara loose blue peplum 06 zara loose blue peplum 07 zara loose blue peplum 01 braid
Jacket: RW&Co (similar) | Peplum: Zara (similar) | Shirt: Joe Fresh (similar)
| Pants: Thyme Maternity (similar) | Shoes: Madden Girl (similar)
| Purse: Dynamite | Necklace: Unknown

My wonderful sister made this braid for me, and it was so fantastic and had such staying power that I didn't want to nor had to take it down until the next day!  I'm usually not a statement necklace person, (I want to be though, they seem so fun!) but on this day I thought I'd put on this gorgeous necklace that my dear sister in law got for me to fill in the space that is otherwise usually occupied by my long hair.  I love how the blue top and the multiple blue hues on the necklace complemented each other - now I just have to figure out how else to wear this necklace!

Versatility has become more important to me when buying clothes, and this loose fitting peplum top fits this criteria easily. It can be dressed up with some jewelry and heels such as shown here, or go the casual route with a pair of distressed jeans and flats (worn here with the white version) - all the while giving an effortless and forgiving fit. 

Shop here:



You may also be interested in:
zara white loose peplum
Peplum and Distressed Jeans
rwco cape jacket
Wedding Attire: Tweed Jacket and Pleated Dress
cape jacket
Chunky Knit Sweater and Animal Print Skirt
dynamite purse
Thanksgiving Outfit: Faux Leather Trim Shift Dress

2 comments:

  1. I adore your hair done up like that and that cape! What a nice look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lisa! I wish I can make the braid myself. :S

      Delete