Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Wedding Attire: Gray Printed Maxi Dress

rwco maxi dress 05 rwco maxi dress 01 khols vera wang spiked heels 01 khols vera wang spiked heels 02
Jacket: Black Rivet via Wilson Leather (similar) | Blazer: Dynamite (similar)
| Maxi: RW&Co (similar) | Earrings: Forever 21 (similar) | Belt: Zara (similar)
| Clutch: Zara (similar) | Shoes: Vera Wang via Kohl's

Our friends K&K's wedding was held at a art gallery - a venue with a touch of understated glamour so perfectly suited for such a wonderful couple. The whole event was beautiful, intimate, warm, low key, stylish... I just can't say enough good things about it! Since the weather was still a little cold, I opted for a long maxi dress and some extra thin layers to keep warm. Even though the maxi had so much coverage and length, its neutral colors and subtle prints made it possible to add on additional pieces. Little details such as the long earrings, red clutch with bows, and the spikes on the shoes also helped in making the outfit a little more, dare I say, "glam"?

A little bit more background about the maxi dress: I actually scored this item at RW&Co's sale rack at a great price (I believe it was around $20, they have amazing sales!) last year. Despite its size (it was an XL), I was instantly drawn to its pattern and luxuriously soft and flowy fabric, and just had to bring it to the dressing room to give it a try. It did overwhelmed my small frame, but all I really had to do was shorten the shoulder straps and making sure that the belt sat at the right place (it came with a white string belt, as seen here). I didn't shorten the length since I liked the slightly dramatic all-the-way-to-the-ground effect, but I might eventually if I were to wear this maxi casually more often.

Shop similar items:



You may also be interested in:
4 ways to wear tweed blazer
4 Ways To Wear A Cropped Tweed Jacket
maxi skirt
Sweater and Maxi Skirt
zara red bow clutch
Simple White and Blue
white blazer maxi dress
White Blazer and Maxi Dress

2 comments: