Sunday, September 29, 2013

Navy A-line skirt and Wedge Sneakers / Booties

Zara peplum blazer, phillip lim target skirt, Zara wedge sneakers, Kate Spade tote Zara peplum blazer, phillip lim target skirt, Zara wedge sneakers, Kate Spade tote Zara peplum blazer, phillip lim target skirt, Zara wedge boots Zara wedge sneakers Zara wedge boots
Blazer: Zara Skirt: Phillip Lim for Target (here)
| Purse: Kate Spade (similar
| Booties: Zara | Wedge Sneakers: Zara (similar: spend or splurge)

When my husband asked me to be his model to test out his new photography set up, I happily obliged wearing some of my favorite items (new and old). 

Starting with old - my favorite blazer has to be this tweed peplum one from Zara. Also from Zara are these 2 pairs of wedges - I wasn't sure which pair to pick so I tried on both. I'd probably go with the booties for work days, and the sneakers for weekends.

As for new, this navy a-line skirt was one of the few pieces I picked up from the recent and crazy-popular Phillip Lim x Target collaboration line. (I should have steamed this skirt before wearing them to do it justice) The black waist band has elasticity in it, which my belly really appreciated. Unlike many of the items (maternity or not) I routinely wear these days, this is one item I look forward to wearing next summer when my body is (hopefully!) back to its normal size.

Drawn to Kate Spade's simple, sleek and so very utilitarian designs, I had been waiting to get my hands on one for a while now. I finally bought this gray one a couple of weeks ago, and have been using it non-stop for work. Let's just say I cannot be happier with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment